Communications & Event Student Intern
The Community Foundation for Calderdale is a small community organisation that supports hundreds of charities and voluntary groups across the borough, addressing inequalities and working together to help create opportunities for those that most need help. We connect people who care (donors) with causes that matter (giving out grants).
We are now looking for two student interns to support and promote our events, projects and activity. This is a great role and opportunity for someone who has an ambition to develop a career in marketing and who is interested in improving support for the communities of Calderdale.
The role will be for 14 hours per week for 12 weeks in the first instance (this will be reviewed with a view to extend the contract for the right candidate) and will be paid at £10 per hour.
The main roles and responsibilities of the Communications & Event Student Intern role will be:
-To be part of the planning team
-To implement the relaunch of the Flood Save campaign
-To assist organising the Community Spirit Awards
-To assist organising the business networking events
-To assist with seasonal campaigns such as Never Hungry Again, Laptops for Learning and Flood donations, Christmas campaigns
Behaviours required for this role include:
• Ambitious and willingness to develop a career in marketing
• Shows initiative and creativity.
• Has a passion and interest in supporting and improving Calderdale communities
• Communicate effectively and recognises the importance of good communication.
• Willing to both listen and learn. Be dependable, reliable and flexible.
• Work effectively with others in a team. Carry out work with integrity and discretion.
• Work with others to create improvements.
• Follow process and procedures to ensure that work meets specifications. Report consistently and accurately.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter address to Rachel Oates to Rachel@cffc.co.uk