Todmorden Windfarm Community Fund
Guidance for the Todmorden Windfarm Community Fund
Grants of £5,000 available for Community and Environmental projects
Community Foundation for Calderdale is working with Blackmead Infrastructure to provide funding for projects that benefit the communities of Bacup, Cornholme and Portsmouth, Todmorden and Walsden. We are looking for applications that show how the community would benefit from the funding and would like to see projects that have scope for future development.
Under the programme, organisations can apply for funding to:
- Make a difference to the environment
- Support local vulnerable people,
- increase community cohesion
- respond to local economic needs
Who can apply?
- Resident Associations
- Community Centres/Clubs and Societies
- Social Enterprises/Community Interest Companies/Community Interest Organisations with charitable aims, Charitable Trusts
- Community Groups
Types of activities that might be funded
- Environmental projects
- Projects combating fuel poverty
- Projects supporting vulnerable local people
- Community projects
- Running costs; including salaries, core costs and project costs
Grants will not be awarded to:
- to individuals
- to statutory organisations, including schools
- to fund buses, mini buses or other community transport schemes??
- to organisations that have political or religious objectives
- to organisations or projects that is adverse to, or conflicts with, the interests of renewable energy but not limited to wind energy, the interests of the wind farm owner or its affiliates’, the interests of the Todmorden wind farm itself.
- to projects that don’t have the capacity for wider community benefit.
When can you apply?
We are open for applications on Monday 6th March 2023 and close on Thursday 23rd March 2023.
Decisions W/C10th April 2023
How can you apply?
Follow the Grants link on the Community Foundation website – https://ukcf.secure.force.com/forms/Todwindfarmover1500 The information here will tell you what documents you need to submit and how long it will take to get a decision.