What is a Named Fund?
A Named Fund is a means for individuals or groups to have a positive impact on the local community and generate meaningful change without the hassle of establishing an independent Charitable Trust and getting bogged down in governance.
Community Foundation for Calderdale manages a portfolio of Named Funds across Calderdale on behalf of individuals, families, businesses, and statutory organisations, as well as national funders such as The Henry Smith Charity.
Utilising our sector experience, we handle investment, correspondence, compliance and governance checks, helping to direct this funding to charities and community projects that best match the funders values, goals and wishes. A Named Fund is the perfect way to make a big impact with grassroots organisations, making a difference in the community without the hassle of managing your own trust.
Why set up a Named Fund?
Named Funds enable you to consolidate all your giving in one place, with many additional benefits:
- Tax Benefits – for individuals as well as families.
- Positive Returns – grow your charitable giving over time through trusted financial and wealth managers.
- Legacy – pass your fund onto your family, building a charitable legacy for future generations.
- Efficient – consolidate all of your giving into one fund, ensuring the most cost and time effective way of giving without administration or being bombarded by requests.
- Connectivity – the Community Foundation for Calderdale have years of grant making experience, and extensive knowledge of local grassroots projects you may not be aware of. Our expertise ensures your fund has the greatest positive impact on local people.