Mixenden Area Fund
This fund is now closed for new applications.
This fund derives from the assets of the Charity the Mixenden Parents Resource Centre which is dormant, pending closure.
The funds have been handed to the Community Foundation for Calderdale.
The aim of the fund is to support general community activity in the General Mixenden area, based on the aims of the Mixenden Parents Resource Centre, which were:
“TO HELP TO PROMOTE THE CARE AND UPBRINGING OF CHILDREN IN THE AREA OF BENEFIT, AND TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC IN THE CARE AND UPBRINGING OF CHILDREN. TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC BY THE ORGANISATION OF OPEN CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS ON TOPICS OF EDUCATIONAL VALUE CONNECTED WITH THE CARE AND UPBRINGING OF CHILDREN BY PROMOTING ACADEMIC RESEARCH INTO THE NEEDS OF SUCH CHILDREN AND IN SUCH OTHER WAYS AS THE CHARITY MAY FROM TIME TO TIME DETERMINE. THE PREVENTION AND RELIEF OF POVERTY THROUGH THE PROVISION OF ADVICE, GUIDANCE, COUNSELLING AND BY TRAINING AND EQUIPPING ADULTS TO MAXIMISE THEIR RESOURCES AND WELL-BEING.”
There is a total of £37,024.09 from the Mixenden PRC and the Community Foundation have added to this to make the total £40,000.00 to give out in grants.
- Fund priorities and outcomes.
These are the types of projects that can be applied for:
- Activities which involve parents and children and families together.
- Activities focussed on parents, children, and the wider family.
- The fund is aimed at families with children up to the age of 18
These could be:
- arts and crafts and creative activities
- health and well-being activities
- play sessions
- outdoors activities
- cooking, and luncheon clubs for families etc
The aim is to help families:
- improve their quality of life,
- improve parenting skills,
- improve emotional and mental health and well being
- tackle isolation that parents and families might experience
The grant can be used for:
- Staff costs (e.g. play staff, therapists, admin, counsellors, etc)
- Volunteer expenses
- Materials (e.g. arts and crafts etc)
- Travel costs
- Rent, heat and light for premises
- Equipment (e.g. toys, sports equipment, games etc)
- Other things that will help with the aims of the fund.
(If you are uncertain about whether an item is eligible for grant spend, please contact CFFC using the details below)
- Who Can Apply?
The fund is open to community groups, registered charities, CiCs, CIOs etc from and/or active in the Mixenden and surrounding area.
Groups and organisations that have the active involvement of people from the Mixenden and wider area will be preferred.
Any group applying will be expected to have:
- A constitution
- A bank account in the name of the applying group/organisation
- At least 3 committee/board/true members
- Accounts or other proof of experience of managing grant type funds
- Appropriate policies e.g. Safeguarding, equalities etc
- Proven experience at running the type of project they want funding for
NB if you want to apply but do not have some of the things listed, get in touch with us, to see if there is a way that we can help.
- Grants size etc
- There is £40,000.00 available.
- Groups and organisations can apply for up to £5,000 or up to £10,000.00
- We expect that there will be 4 grants of up to £5,000 and two grants of up to £10,000.00 given out.
- Application process.
The fund will be launched on 4th September 2023.
Applicants will be asked to send their applications in by 6th October 2023, and should hear about whether they have been successful or not by 20th October 2023.
6. Application Form