Healthy Holidays Calderdale 2024
What is Healthy Holidays Calderdale?
The Department for Education (DfE) have identified Holiday Activities & Food Programme Funds for local authorities to try and remove the ‘holiday experience gap.’ This refers to the impact of school holidays on children from lower income families. Children who lose access to free school meals and the stimulus and physical activity from the routine of school life, return to school more disadvantaged after school holidays. Calderdale Council are asking groups to apply for funds to bridge this gap by offering free holiday schemes where children can take part in fun activities and have a hot meal and snacks during the holidays. The funding is for children eligible for benefits-related free school meals and not for children in key stage 1 on universal free school meals.
What are funders looking for?
Calderdale Council want eligible children attending Healthy Holidays Calderdale schemes to:
- have fun
- experience new activities
- participate in a minimum of 60 minutes of physical exercise within a 4-hour session
- have access to water and healthy snacks for the duration of the session
- receive at least one hot meal
- prepare, eat and learn about healthy food
There are 7 DfE standards for providers to work to and you can find out more information in the guidance:
How to apply
Community Foundation for Calderdale (CFFC) is administering the application process on behalf of Calderdale Council:
- Applications should be made online: Please click here to apply to Healthy Holidays Calderdale 2024
- Online applications and supporting documentation will be accepted up to 10am Wednesday 18th October 2023
- For any help or advice on application queries please contact: email@example.com 01422 349700
- For any programme help and information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If it is difficult for you to apply online, please click here to find out how we can make reasonable adjustments to support you.
For top tips on applying for a grant please click here