Finance Assistant – Part-Time – 3 days a week
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Are you an enthusiastic individual with an accounting qualification or accounts department experience? Do you enjoy working with numbers, people and processes?
Community Foundation for Calderdale (CFFC) is a multi-award-winning charity and one of 47 UK Community Foundations. Situated in the railway station building (the 1855 Building) in Halifax. We support hundreds of charities and volunteer groups across our area/district, addressing inequalities, investing in brighter futures and enabling positive change.
Working with generous individuals, businesses and public sector organisations, we have distributed over £30 million in grants to a diverse range of causes in local communities across Calderdale.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join us on a part-time basis 3 days a week, to support our financial activities and accounts.
– Salary £18,000 to £21,000 (FTE) pro rata dependant on qualifications and experience
– Pension scheme
– 20 days holiday * (pro rata) plus Bank Holidays
– Extended Easter and Christmas breaks
– Flexible working schedule
* one day holiday added for every year of service for the first five years to a maximum of 25 days per year
This is a fantastic opportunity to hone your diverse set of financial skills with an organisation that is creating real and lasting change throughout the local community.
So, if you want to use your expertise to support local causes and issues such as mental health, loneliness and homelessness, this is the role for you.
As a Finance Assistant, you will support and maintain our accounting records and ensure the efficient running of the accounts function in-line with all current legislation.
Supporting the Finance Manager, you will:
- Maintain banking records and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain the cashbook in Microsoft Excel.
- Prepare sales invoices.
- Update and maintain the online accounting system.
- Process all purchase ledger invoices.
- Prepare Gift aid claims.
- Maintain the memberships records and liaise with the wider team.
- Maintain receipt records on our CRM system and liaise with the grants team.
- Support the delivery of the financial management reports and papers.
- Assist in preparing returns documentation for funding bodies.
- Support the year end accounts and audit.
To join us as a Finance Assistant, you will need:
- Microsoft excel spreadsheet skills.
- An accountancy qualification and/or good experience of working within an accounts department.
- Experience of using accounting systems i.e., Sage, xero.
- Great work ethics.
- Strong time-management abilities.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ideally, you will have accountancy and/or finance experience from within a charity environment, but this is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Finance Officer, Accounts Assistant, Finance Co-ordinator, Finance Administrator, Accountancy Assistant, Ledger Clark, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Sales Ledger Clerk, Accounts Technician, Charity Finance Assistant, Finance Clerk, or Accounts Clerk
This is a part-time role, working 21 hours per week, over agreed three days, however these hours can be worked over five days
The closing date for this role is the 28th February 2023.
CFFC reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Please apply with your CV and a supporting letter either via email or post to:
The Finance Manager, CFFC, The 1855 Building, Discovery Road, Halifax, HX1 2NG Email: firstname.lastname@example.org