Finance Assistant – Part-TimeCalderdale, West Yorkshire
Are you an enthusiastic individual with an accounting qualification? Do you want to support a fantastic charity funding life-changing services? If so, read on.
With over 31 years of experience, Community Foundation for Calderdale (CFFC) is a multi-award winning charity and one of 47 community foundations in the.
We support hundreds of charities and volunteer groups across our region, addressing inequalities, investing in brighter futures and enabling positive change.
Working with generous individuals, businesses and public sector organisations, we have distributed over £30 million in grants to a diverse range of causes in local communities.
We are now looking for a Finance Assistant to join us on a part-time basis, to support our financial activities and accounts.
– Salary £17,000 to £20,000 (FTE) pro rata dependant on qualifications and Experience
– Pension scheme
– 20 days’ holiday* (pro rata) plus Bank Holidays
– Extended Easter and Christmas breaks
– Flexible working scheme
*One day holiday added for every year of service fir first five years
This is a fantastic opportunity to hone your diverse set of financial skills with an organisation that is creating real and lasting change throughout the local community.
You’ll quickly find that we offer excellent development and progression opportunities, ensuring that you grow with your role and beyond, meaning this role represents present and future value for your career.
So, if you want to use your expertise to support local causes and issues such as mental health, loneliness and homelessness, this is the role for you.
As a Finance Assistant, you will support and maintain our accounting records and ensure the efficient running of the accounts function in-line with all current legislation.
Supporting the Finance Manager, you will:
– Assist with all incoming and outgoing cheques
– Maintain the cashbook in Microsoft Excel and perform bank reconciliations
– Update and maintain the online accounting system- Process all purchase ledger invoices
– Prepare sales invoices
– Prepare Gift Aid claims
– Support the delivery of the financial management reports and papers
– Assist in preparing returns documentation for funding bodies
– Support the year end accounts and audit
– Maintain the membership records and liaise with the wider team
– Maintain receipts records on our CRM system and liaise with the grants team
To join us as a Finance Assistant, you will need:
– At a minimum, an accountancy qualification or good experience of working within an accounts department
– Experience of working with an accounting system
– Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills
– A strong work ethic
– Strong time-management abilities
– Good attention to detail
Ideally, you will have accountancy and/or finance experience from within a charity environment, but this is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Finance Officer, Accounts Assistant, Finance Co-ordinator, Finance Administrator, Accountancy Assistant, Ledger Clark, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Sales Ledger Clerk, Accounts Technician, Charity Finance Assistant, Finance Clerk, or Accounts Clerk.
This is a part-time role, working 21 hours per week, over any three days, however these hours can be worked over five days.
The closing date for this role is the 28th February 2023.
CFFC reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Community Foundation for Calderdale are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environment is, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for a new challenge as a Finance Assistant, please apply now.