Brighouse and Rastrick Association Fund 2023
The Brighouse and Rastrick Association purpose is:
- Driving projects for the benefit of our local community.
- Securing funds to support projects that directly benefit the people of Brighouse and Rastrick.
We are all people who are currently doing work within our community that directly benefits the community. We have a clear insight into what is needed.
The Association is working with the Community Foundation for Calderdale to help manage a funding pot for the area.
The Association asks for “Expressions of Interest” applications from community organisations in the funding area who do work to benefit the communities within the funding area.
The Fund provides a grant scheme specifically for the benefit of the Fund area and is also committed to supporting community groups to develop their skills and confidence in applying for funding, in partnership with the Community Foundation for Calderdale.
- The grants available are:
Smaller grants up to £5k
Larger grants from between £5k and £15k
The general criteria will be to support new projects and activities that are of benefit to the community.
Eligible groups are expected to show what the benefits will be, what evidence they have of the needs and the benefits and how they will measure the benefits.
The fund will assess applications to ensure that there is no duplication of existing projects and activities already happening in the area.
- Eligibility of applicants
Applicants must be either
- Constituted voluntary, community and faith groups run for and by local people in the Fund area (Note: Individuals cannot apply).
- Or Registered charities and groups with charitable purposes working in the Fund area.
- Or Community Interest Companies (CICs) who do not, and cannot, pay dividends, who are from or work within the fund area.
- Groups which are not yet constituted can apply but will need a constituted group to held any awarded funds for them.
4. Application process
a) Interested Groups must complete a 2 page “Expression of Interest” form available by clicking the link below.
b) Interested Groups need to send a completed “Expression of Interest” Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date of Friday 30th July 2023
c) The Brighouse and Rastrick Association will then decide which “Expressions of Interest” will be supported to go to a full application form.
5. Documentation needed
a) Applicant organisations will need to initially provide:
A completed Expression of Interest Form:
b) If Invited to complete a full application form further documentation will then be needed:
- Constitution or set of rules/Governing Documents
- Safeguarding policies (vulnerable adults/children) if appropriate
- Equalities Policy
- Copy of audited/inspected Accounts, or income/expenditure spreadsheets of recent months where audited or inspected accounts are not available or required.
- Bank statements
- Committee members contact list
- Conditions of grant aid form signed
- Signed hard copy of the application form